CUBASE LE 6 and VST instruments

INTERNATIONAL FORUM (English) You can ask any question about MuzikTeknolojileri content here...

Cevapla
Jimmy's
Mesajlar: 3
Kayıt: 12 Mar 2014, 17:34

Mesaj gönderen Jimmy's »

Hi all,

I am new to cubase and having a lot of difficulty getting things to work, this program is evil. I'll start with the VST instruments: I don't seem to have any!! When I click 'devices' there is no 'VST instruments' to select, I have 'VST connections' and 'VST performance'. I want to make drum sounds with my ***board. Can somebody help me with this? I'm using a Tascam US-200 firebox to input guitars and mic, etc.

Thanks for the help.

En son Jimmy's tarafından 12 Mar 2014, 17:58 tarihinde düzenlendi, toplamda 1 kere düzenlendi.
Kullanıcı avatarı
Cho®dSolo
Administrator
Administrator
Mesajlar: 3804
Kayıt: 07 Oca 2012, 01:00
DAW: Cubase Elements 8, StudioOne 3.0
Şehir: Düzce
İletişim:

Mesaj gönderen Cho®dSolo »

[QUOTE=Jimmy's;12790]Hi all,

I am new to cubase and having a lot of difficulty getting things to work, this program is evil. I'll start with the VST instruments: I don't seem to have any!! When I click 'devices' there is no 'VST instruments' to select, I have 'VST connections' and 'VST performance'. I want to make drum sounds with my ***board. Can somebody help me with this? I'm using a Tascam US-200 firebox to input guitars and mic, etc.

Thanks for the help.[/QUOTE]

First off all, welcome to the forum my friend. There are no wrong questions here, though there is a good and a bad forum to place them.

By the way, Cubase is not 'evil'. You just need to learn how to use it. Many members, speacly WHO knows here will help.

By the way, what version of Cubase are you using?

Create a new track, Instrument track. Then select whatever drum program you have. lol!

Watch Youtube tutorials on the basics first. Resim

Ch.

En son Cho®dSolo tarafından 12 Mar 2014, 17:51 tarihinde düzenlendi, toplamda 1 kere düzenlendi.
Jimmy's

Mesaj gönderen Jimmy's »

[QUOTE=ChordSolo;12791]First off all, welcome to the forum my friend. There are no wrong questions here, though there is a good and a bad forum to place them.

That being said, I can move your post to a new thread where you will get more input.

By the way, Cubase is not 'evil'. You just need to learn how to use it. Many members, speacly WHO knows here will help.

By the way, what version of Cubase are you using?

Create a new track, Instrument track. Then select whatever drum program you have. lol!

Watch Youtube tutorials on the basics first. Resim

Ch.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your fast answer!
I have Cubase LE 6, and my OS is Mac 10.6.8. When I go to Devices, there's no VST Instruments option!! Only VST Connections and VST Performance. Hence, I can't create a midi track with any VSTi.

What is the matter?

En son Jimmy's tarafından 12 Mar 2014, 17:52 tarihinde düzenlendi, toplamda 1 kere düzenlendi.
Kullanıcı avatarı
Cho®dSolo
Administrator
Administrator
Mesajlar: 3804
Kayıt: 07 Oca 2012, 01:00
DAW: Cubase Elements 8, StudioOne 3.0
Şehir: Düzce
İletişim:

Mesaj gönderen Cho®dSolo »

[QUOTE=Jimmy's;12792]Thanks for your fast answer!
I have Cubase LE 6, and my OS is Mac 10.6.8. When I go to Devices, there's no VST Instruments option!! Only VST Connections and VST Performance. Hence, I can't create a midi track with any VSTi.

What is the matter?[/QUOTE]

I think, LE versions of Cubase do not have the 'Instrument Rack'. That only really means you can't use all of a VSTi's outputs.

You can still create a midi track. This is from memory as to how to do it on my AI5:

Project>Add Track>Instrument. Choose an instrument. If you don't have a third party drum program, then select HalionOne. You can create a drum/click track with that. LE 6 may have a different version of Halion, but either way, you can do it.

After loading it, select a preset with drums listed. Then select the pencil tool and draw an event for the midi track. Double clicking on the event will take you to the piano roll editor. You can change this default to drum editor in preferences. Otherwise, MIDI>Open Drum Editor

then enjoy...!

En son Cho®dSolo tarafından 12 Mar 2014, 18:00 tarihinde düzenlendi, toplamda 1 kere düzenlendi.
Jimmy's

Mesaj gönderen Jimmy's »

[QUOTE=ChordSolo;12793]I think, LE versions of Cubase do not have the 'Instrument Rack'. That only really means you can't use all of a VSTi's outputs.

You can still create a midi track. This is from memory as to how to do it on my AI5:

Project>Add Track>Instrument. Choose an instrument. If you don't have a third party drum program, then select HalionOne. You can create a drum/click track with that. LE 6 may have a different version of Halion, but either way, you can do it.

After loading it, select a preset with drums listed. Then select the pencil tool and draw an event for the midi track. Double clicking on the event will take you to the piano roll editor. You can change this default to drum editor in preferences. Otherwise, MIDI>Open Drum Editor

then enjoy...![/QUOTE]

I will try, thanks for your care.
:)

En son Jimmy's tarafından 12 Mar 2014, 17:59 tarihinde düzenlendi, toplamda 1 kere düzenlendi.
Cevapla

“International Forum” sayfasına dön